A few more fixes and tweaks completed…
New shiny things:
- Lots of display model fixes – curses is working even better.
- Added command history (use UP and DOWN on 5-button control) – decided it was essential after testing on the bus this morning 🙂
What’s missing still?
- If you type RESTART into curses, it forgets the screen size.
- Implement caret on bottom window.
- I’ve not implemented the code for timed events; easy to do, just too late just now to do so.
- Need to persist the game state when you hit HOME on the kindle.
It is available from here. If you’ve already rooted+installed my developer keys, all you need to do is unzip it onto your kindle over USB. If you’re installing for the first time, please see here for instructions.
You can play The Hitch-hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy in all its textual glory over here. Incidentally, its a Java applet running a z3 file….