Update: Whoops, now on 0.2.1 – just fixed a hang if you press HOME with a file selector dialogue open!
RIght, several days of hacking (hampered by catching a cold) later, here is v0.2.1 of KIF. It has had a complete screen model rewrite, so games like “curses” should now work properly. It needs testing to make sure it definitely works ok though.
New shiny things:
- Split screen model now works properly.
- Styled text implemented.
- Performance tweaks in many places.
- GUI glitches (e.g. having to press DOWN before you can select files) sorted.
- Patches from dougbtx adding word wrapping.
What’s missing still?
- I’ve not implemented the code for timed events; easy to do, just too late just now to do so.
- Need to persist the game state when you hit HOME on the kindle.
- Definitely a few top window glitches left (e.g. HELP menu in curses causes issues).
It is available from here. If you’ve already rooted+installed my developer keys, all you need to do is unzip it onto your kindle over USB. If you’re installing for the first time, please see here for instructions.
Oh, I take it you saw the story on The Register?