Woo, finally, here is v3.0 of my etch tank:
The main features/improvements of this version are:
- Sensible 1.5L capacity (v1.0 was something stupid like 5L).
- Tank now has a cover during operation.
- Now using air stones instead of air curtain; the stones don’t tent to float about in water so much.
- Dual airstones – provides much better coverage for perturbation of etch mixture
- Hand made grille to hold airstones in place/ rest etch source metal on.
- Selectable airflow volume control – previous versions had a binary airflow control model.
- Water heater.
- Useful carrying handle!
Jenners kitchen etching equipment section were having a sale 🙂
I’d better get on with designing the damn etch now!